|From Tour de Turtles site|
To help celebrate the new digital edition of Tracks in the Sand, I dug around online for some resources to help primary kids learn about our flippered friends. :
- Tour de Turtles shows actual migration tracks of individual turtles, downloadable Flash presentations, and much more.
- SEE Turtles classroom resources include species fact sheets, food webs, and threats that turtles face.
- The Ocean Conservancy Sea Turtle coloring book has 34 pages with many nice images plus a text in both English and Spanish. Click here to start download of the PDF.
- Save the Turtles has interactive online games, plus many other resources.
- Seaturtles.org has a fun activity on this page about making a loggerhead from a paper plate.
- Deep Space Sparkle has a foil collage art project featuring turtles, including a step-by-step drawing.
- A sea turtle painting can be found on Art Projects for Kids.
- This coloring page is adapted from the artwork in Tracks:
|Click image to download PDF|
- Click for the preview page and a free sample of Tracks in the Sand (the sample has to be downloaded via the iBooks app.)
- The original edition of Tracks is out of print but is still widely available in libraries.